Who We Are
The New York City Board of Officials for Men’s and Women’s Sports-Basketball Division is herein referred to as New York City Girls Basketball Officials Affiliation (NYCGBOA).
To provide qualified and rated officials for various educational and recreational agencies in the area.
- By training new officials.
- By providing current rated officials with the opportunity to update and improve their knowledge and techniques of officiating.
- By administering the theoretical and practical testing procedures.
- By adhering to the New York City’s Girl’s Basketball Officials Affiliations Inc., Constitution and Bylaws.
To interpret the rules and officiating techniques:
- By providing the opportunity during the preseason for current rated officials to discuss the rules and any problems concerning the sport of basketball.
- By conducting preseason rules interpretation clinics, in all boroughs, open to various organizations, coaches associations, and prospective officials.
- To provide a means of handling problems concerning interpretations during the season.
- To encourage competitive events being conducted with the fullest consideration given to the nature and spirit of the rules.
- To participate in the review and revision of rules by suggestions of the names of persons to serve on National Committees and/or to initiate suggestions and recommendations through the N.Y.S.G.B.O.A. Inc.
PSAL – Cornell Hampton – Varsity
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (718) 363-7075 (Referee Business)
PSAL – Chris Kelly – Varsity/Junior Varsity
Email: Chriskelly317@gmail.com (917) 817-0391
CHSAA, GISAL – Fred Sporrer – Varsity/ Junior Varsity- Brooklyn/Queens
Email: FJAssigning@aol.com (718) 317-8883
CHSAA – Rose Zerbo – Varsity/Junior Varsity-Bronx
Private Schools—Alan Wharton-Varsity/Junior
Email: AlanWharton1790@yahoo.com (516) 481-0364